Mouse strains with varying degrees of immunodeficiency are powerful tools for modeling human disease. In this webinar, Kaya Gosh, Ph.D., and Cat Chappell, M.S. discuss the most widely used immunodeficient mouse models and essential considerations for selecting the most appropriate model. Topics covered include:
- The varying degrees of immunodeficiency in common mouse models
- Benefits and limitations of nude, scid, and Rag1-null mice
- Recent advancements using the versatile NOD scid gamma (NSG®) mouse strain
- Innovations for studying human cancer made possible by the NSG mouse strain
- Model considerations for generating “humanized” immune system mice.