Self-paced Online MiniCourse · 1 – 2 hours · Digital badge and certificate eligible
Depending on your research needs, breeding can be simple or complex. This course will help you figure out the most efficient breeding strategies for your experimental and control mice. Don't be afraid of Punnett squares!
- Required genotypes for different types of mutations
- Various resources for finding mouse breeding considerations
- Predicting breeding outcomes using Punnett squares
- Designing breeding strategies using a 4-step approach working backwards
- Breeding strategies for new mouse models: simple to complex
This MiniCourse is designed to meet the needs of people who utilize JAX laboratory mice for genetic and genomic research projects, including: scientists, research assistants, lab technicians, graduate and postdoctoral students, mouse colony managers and staff.