Exploring Cancer Research: Tools and Technologies
Self-paced Online MiniCourse · 1 – 2 hours · Digital badge and certificate eligible
Find out which tools and technologies are used by scientists to advance the field of cancer research, including sequencing, cell-based models of cancer, and mouse models of cancer.
- Overview of cancer research
- Next generation sequencing technologies: exome, transcriptome, targeted gene panel, whole genome, and epigenomic sequencing
- Cell-based models of cancer: cell lines, stem cells, and organoids
- Mouse models of cancer: mouse tumor, xenograft, and advanced humanized mouse models
- Advantages and limitations of these cancer models
- Cancer research spotlights at JAX
This MiniCourse is designed to meet the needs of people who have an interest in learning about the field of cancer research, including undergraduates, graduates, research assistants, early-career scientists, lab technicians, mouse colony managers, and staff.