Mapping Complex Traits in Mice
Self-paced Online MiniCourse · 1 – 2 hours · Digital badge and certificate eligible
Learn about the study of complex traits genetics in mice. Find out how inbred mouse strains and advanced mouse populations enable complex traits genetics techniques, such as Quantitative Trait Locus (QTL) mapping.
- Basics of QTL mapping
- QTL analysis example
- Phenotype distribution of a QTL study
- Genetic reference populations for genetic mapping
- High diversity mouse populations for genetic mapping
- Estimating genetic effects
- Logarithm of the odds (LOD) support intervals
- Effect of covariates in QTL statistical modeling
This MiniCourse is designed to meet the needs of people who are new to utilizing laboratory mice for complex traits genetic and genomic research projects, including graduate and postdoctoral students, research assistants, early career scientists, lab technicians, and advanced undergraduates with a background in biology.