Self-paced Online MiniCourse · 1 – 2 hours · Digital badge and certificate eligible
Get your research started with CRISPR/Cas9 genetic engineering technology by learning about nuclease biology, somatic and germline gene editing, avoiding off-target events and more.
- Brief historical outline of targeted nucleases that lead to DNA cuts
- Somatic cell and germline gene editing
- Basic mechanism of CRISPR/Cas9 genome engineering technology
- Dead Cas9 protein
- CRISPR/Cas9 strategies to create a better mouse model
- CRISPR/Cas9 complications, including off-target events and founder mosaicism
- Practical applications in the clinic
This MiniCourse is designed to meet the needs of people who utilize JAX laboratory mice for genetic and genomic research projects, including: scientists, research assistants, lab technicians, graduate and postdoctoral students, mouse colony managers and staff.