Beyond Genes: Epigenetics, Environment, and Health
Self-paced Online MiniCourse · 1 – 2 hours · Digital badge and certificate eligible
Gain a basic understanding of genetics versus epigenetics and learn about environmental causes and consequences of epigenetic changes in human and mouse model studies.
- Genetic and epigenetic modes of inheritance and functions
- Gene expression and development of specialized tissues and organs
- Genetic and epigenetic modifications
- Environmental causes and consequences of epigenetic changes
- Inferences from human exposures and mouse model studies
This MiniCourse is designed to meet the needs of people who utilize JAX laboratory mice for genetic and genomic research projects, including: scientists, research assistants, lab technicians, graduate and postdoctoral students, mouse colony managers and staff.