History and Development of the Mouse Model System
Self-paced Online MiniCourse · 1 – 2 hours · Digital badge and certificate eligible
Learn the history behind the development of the mouse as a model system for human disease through landmark experiments, classical genetics and groundbreaking discoveries.
- Phylogenetic history of Mus and laboratory strains
- Classical 19th century genetics
- The Jackson Laboratory and the inbred mouse
- Landmark classical experiments in mouse genetics
- Latest genetic and genomic research discoveries
This MiniCourse is designed to meet the needs of people who utilize JAX laboratory mice for genetic and genomic research projects, including: scientists, research assistants, lab technicians, graduate and postdoctoral students, mouse colony managers and staff.