Reproductive Biology of the Laboratory Mouse
Self-paced Online MiniCourse · 1 – 2 hours · Digital badge and certificate eligible
Gain an understanding of laboratory mouse reproductive biology by examining basic anatomy, sex determination, the fertilization process, the estrous cycle and more.
- Basic anatomy of the mouse reproductive system
- Determining mouse sex at all ages
- The reproductive states and the estrous cycle of the female laboratory mouse
- How to optimize biological and environmental conditions to maximize mouse breeding performance
- Practical applications and ethical considerations
This MiniCourse is designed to meet the needs of people who utilize JAX laboratory mice for genetic and genomic research projects, including: scientists, research assistants, lab technicians, graduate and postdoctoral students, mouse colony managers and staff.