Mouse Genetic Diversity: Translating Discoveries to Humans
Self-paced Online MiniCourse · 1 – 2 hours · Digital badge and certificate eligible
This MiniCourse introduces core concepts of genetically diverse mouse models and their applicability for common translational research studies.
- Genetic diversity in mouse research
- Core genetic diversity concepts
- Comparing inbred, recombinant inbred and outbred stocks
- JAX genetic diversity portfolio: J:ARC, BXD, CC, J:DO and HET3
- Key considerations for choosing the appropriate diversity model for research
- Applications of different types of diversity mouse strains to common research studies, including safety/toxicology testing, disease modeling, aging research, therapeutic efficacy and gene discovery.
This MiniCourse is designed to meet the needs of people who utilize JAX laboratory mice for genetic and genomic research projects, including scientists, principal investigators, graduate and postdoctoral students, and anyone who is interested in improving translatability of mouse research utilizing genetically diverse mice.