Exploring Cancer: Biology and Inheritance
Self-paced Online MiniCourse · 1 – 2 hours · Digital badge and certificate eligible
Discover the fundamental properties of cancer cells and explore the genetic basis, inheritance, risk factors and prevention of this disease.
- Overview of cancer biology and hallmarks of cancer
- Genetics and development of cancer
- Driver and passenger mutations
- Cancer inheritance: sporadic, hereditary and familial cancers
- Hereditary cancer syndromes and case studies
- Causes and prevention of cancer
- Cancer research at JAX
This MiniCourse is designed to meet the needs of people who have an interest in learning about the basic biology, genetics and inheritance of cancer, including students, research staff, clinical personnel and the interested public.