Self-paced Online MiniCourse · 1 – 2 hours · Digital badge and certificate eligible
Learn how to best use Cre-lox gene editing technology to genetically engineer general, tissue specific and inducible knock-outs, apply the FLP-FRT system and turn on fluorescent reporter genes.
- The P1 bacteriophage viral life cycle
- The basic Cre-lox system
- The three Cre-lox mechanisms
- Breeding schemes for tissue specific, general and inducible knock-outs
- Improving conditional knock-out efficiency
- The FLP-FRT system
- The Cre reporter strain
- Overview of the JAX Cre Repository
This MiniCourse is designed to meet the needs of people who utilize JAX laboratory mice for genetic and genomic research projects, including: scientists, research assistants, lab technicians, graduate and postdoctoral students, mouse colony managers and staff.