Mutant and Transgenic Mouse Strains: A Beginner's Guide
Self-paced Online MiniCourse · 1 – 2 hours · Digital badge and certificate eligible
Learn how to create and use mutant and transgenic mouse strains for your research through topics on genetic engineering, genetic background, nomenclature, selecting genetic controls and more.
- Different types of mutations: transgenes and targeted mutations
- Common genetic engineering technologies
- Moving mutations from one genetic background to another
- Mouse nomenclature for mutant and transgenic mice
- Selecting appropriate genetic controls
- Resources for selecting a mutant mouse for your experimental plan
This MiniCourse is designed to meet the needs of people who utilize JAX laboratory mice for genetic and genomic research projects, including: scientists, research assistants, lab technicians, graduate and postdoctoral students, mouse colony managers and staff.